IPSAS Lecture Series
- The Political Role of the People's Court in Authoritarian Regime Resilience in China On November 1 IPSAS lecture series will present "The Political Role of the People's Court in Authoritarian Regime Resilience in China" by Prof. Hiroko Naito (Tohoku University).
- Air Pollution and Trust in Governments in China On October 26 IPSAS lecture series will present "Air Pollution and Trust in Governments in China" by Dr. Chin-en Wu (Associate Research Fellow, IPSAS).
- Religion, Capitalism and Democracy in Post-Ecology On September 21 IPSAS lecture series will present "Religion, Capitalism and Democracy in Post-Ecology" by Prof. Cheng-Tian Kuo (National Chengchi University).
- We will have an "open house" on October 28. IPSAS will hold an Academic Seminar on “The Political Development of Taiwan: Retrospect and Prospect.”. Welcome to join us. Ice cream provided for first thirty participants
- Congratulations to Dr. Wen-Chin Wu, assistant research fellow at IPSAS, for receiving the 2017 Academia Sinica Research Award for Junior Research Investigators. The Award is to recognize excellent performance of young scholars in various fields. Dr. Wu specializes in comparative/...
- Dr. Fang-yi Chiou of IPSAS Receives a Most Prestigious Award from the MOST Congratulations on Dr. Fang-yi Chiou, research fellow at IPSAS, for receiving the 2016 Distinguished Research Award of the Ministry of Science and Technology. Dr. Chiou specializes in legislative studies,...
- POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT The applicant must have a doctoral degree in political science or related disciplines, or is able to receive a Ph.D. degree by August 31, 2018.
- Applications for the 2018 First Session of the Postdoctoral Fellows (Program Being Accepted from August 1 to August 25, 2017) It is not necessary to send hard copies of application materials. All applications must be submitted to the Academic Affairs Office (AAO) by the appl...
- Positions Available at IPSAS for the 2016 Academia Sinica Fellowships for Doctoral Candidates in the Humanities and Social Sciences The deadline is March 18, 2016.The Fellowship appointment is awarded for a one-year period (July 1, 2016 ~ June 30, 2017).
- IPSAS for the 2016 Academia Sinica Fellowships for Doctoral Candidates in the Humanities and Social Sciences Application for the 2016 Academia Sinica Fellowships for Doctoral Candidates in the Humanities and Social Sciences has begun. The deadline is March 18, 2016.The Fellowship appointm...
Conferences & Seminars
- Workshop on “Authoritarian Political Economy” IPSAS will hold a workshop on authoritarian political economy on July 29, 2017. We will have scholars in the field gathering in Academia Sinica to discuss the key research agendas on comparative authoritarianism.
- 2017Institute for Political Methodology (Taiwan) The main theme for the IPM 2017 is “Cross-level Analysis”. The courses are all in English. Further information is available on the IPM website: http://www.ipmasia.org. Please register before May 1, 2017 .
- Workshop on Corruption, Inequality, and Political Attitudes On March 23, We have invited University of Maryland Professor of Government and Politics Eric Uslaner and six domestic scholars to participate in a discussion on the subjects of political trust, inequality, and...